ApiAfrique pads are available in several sizes and are convenient for all types of flows:
- Mini panty liner (vaginal discharge, small urinary leaks, beginning and end of menstruation, in addition to the menstrual cup, adapted for thongs)
- Panty liner (vaginal discharge, small urinary leaks, beginning and end of menstruation, in addition to the menstrual cup)
- Day pads (for medium flows)
- Night pads (for abundant flows or for the night)
Our pads are made of bio cotton velvet and waterproof textile (PUL), the wings are sewed with African wax print fabrics. They close with snaps.
What underwear to wear:
Preferably use cotton underwear, fit enough so the pad doesn’t move
To install your pad:
Put it in your underwear (velvet side touching your skin) et snap the wings under the underwear.
Change your pad every 4hours for your wellbeing and for more safety.
To change your pad:
- Unsnap the snaps
- Fold the ends of the pad towards the middle (the waterproof side on the outside), then fold the wings on it to form a small package and snap them.
- Put the folded pad in a waterproof bag until you can wash it
We also offer a first period kit which is composed of a small handbag with an informative leaflet on menstruation, 4 pads and a user manual. The handbag has a strap, so your hands are free in the toilets, and two compartments, one for clean pads and one for used pads.
To know more watch our tutorial below (in French or Wolof):